Half Moon Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Change one letter
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm by Quill

» The Abandoned Shack
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm by Blayse

» What Hobbies Do You Do?
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 am by Quill

» - T ʜ ᴇ R ʜ ʏ ᴍ ɪ ɴ ɢ G ᴀ ᴍ ᴇ -
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 am by Quill

»  Smack it, Throw it, Leave it, Burn it, Keep it, Eat it.
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 am by Quill

» - s ᴄ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ʀ ᴀ ʙ -
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:32 am by Sailor

» Movies! :D
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am by Xanthos

» Your Wolf's Love Life
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm by Blayse

» Count to 35 before the Lord or Lady Posts
Preview: Still Standing. EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:04 pm by Blayse

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Put your pack here!
free forum

Preview: Still Standing.

2 posters

Go down

Preview: Still Standing. Empty Preview: Still Standing.

Post by Quill Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:03 am

(This is a preview of my mini-novel that I'm working on. Hope you enjoy! Ignore any repetition of words or grammar problems, etc.)

Two more dogs stood at the one’s sides, all three lowering their heads and holding their ground. They stalked forward just as slowly as Mercy backed away. Her heart began to race, and she shivered all over. There was nowhere else to go when she felt her back hit a tree behind her. She looked up at the dogs, who were inching even closer to her. They were about two feet away, and one of the sidekicks lunged forward, digging his claws into Mercy’s arm viciously. She clenched her teeth, but made no sound as she hit the dog’s nose with the full force of the arm that had just been slaughtered. He sank his teeth into the same spot he had already completely wrecked. This time, Mercy screamed loudly, pushing the dog’s large head away from her as much as she could. Still, he didn’t release her arm. She punched down on his forehead a number of times before a flash of black and blue knocked him away from her. She tried to lift her arm to get a glimpse of the damage, but it was no use. She stared down at it, tears and raindrops streaming down her face. When she looked up, there was an emissary standing nine feet away, beating two of the dogs with a bat. Of course the bat was small enough that the dogs could clamp their teeth down onto it and try to pull a tug-of-war, but the emissary quickly regained control of the weapon. Finally, the opponent drew out a gun, pointed it upward, and pulled the trigger.
Each of the two dogs that were still alive cringed in fear. The trigger sounded again, and there was a long wail from one dog. Mercy stared in disbelief as the last of the four-legged attackers scrambled off, disappearing through a clutter of trees.
The emissary wore a hood that covered their hair and face. Mercy stayed silent while she was unable to see her defender’s face. When they let down the hood, Mercy was shocked.
It was a girl, somewhere around Mercy’s age, with the darkest, waviest head of hair, and piercing blue eyes that Mercy could barely stand to look at. She stood staring at the girl, unable to move. She felt the need to thank her, but couldn’t find the words she was looking for. Her eyes stayed locked on the pistol in the girl’s hand. She didn’t even want to breathe after seeing that, otherwise she might find herself with a bullet through her back. She shook her head, keeping her eyes closed for a few minutes. Then she remembered her arm.
Lifting her blood-drowned arm with her clean arm, she managed a quiet “Thank you”. When Mercy looked up again, the girl had an angry frown on her face. She trudged toward Mercy, clutching Mercy’s neck in her hand and pushing her back on the tree. “You’re next,” she growled. Mercy’s eyes widened in fear, and she struggled to breathe. The girl released her hold on Mercy’s neck before turning around and scurrying off like a rat. Before she completely disappeared from view, Mercy caught a glimpse of six letters that she thought should have been the girl’s name. They were tattooed, written in a bold black, beneath the girl’s chin, and they spelled out Pruitt.
Quill
Quill
Sentry
Sentry

http://www.writerscafe.org/Kena%20Girl

Back to top Go down

Preview: Still Standing. Empty Re: Preview: Still Standing.

Post by Blayse Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Awe, I really like your stories, Quill! :3 Can't wait for more, mahn! Very descriptive and gripping. (:
Blayse
Blayse
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Quill Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:00 am

Thank you very much c: I enjoy writing, and I'm glad you like my stories :3
Quill
Quill
Sentry
Sentry

http://www.writerscafe.org/Kena%20Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayse Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Lol, I very much do. I like your different views. ^^
Blayse
Blayse
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down