Half Moon Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Change one letter
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm by Quill

» The Abandoned Shack
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm by Blayse

» What Hobbies Do You Do?
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 am by Quill

» - T ʜ ᴇ R ʜ ʏ ᴍ ɪ ɴ ɢ G ᴀ ᴍ ᴇ -
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 am by Quill

»  Smack it, Throw it, Leave it, Burn it, Keep it, Eat it.
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 am by Quill

» - s ᴄ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ʀ ᴀ ʙ -
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:32 am by Sailor

» Movies! :D
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am by Xanthos

» Your Wolf's Love Life
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm by Blayse

» Count to 35 before the Lord or Lady Posts
Preview: If Dragons were Dreams EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:04 pm by Blayse

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates

Put your pack here!
free forum

Preview: If Dragons were Dreams

3 posters

Go down

Preview: If Dragons were Dreams Empty Preview: If Dragons were Dreams

Post by Crisis Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Yup, so here's the first scene, if you will, of a story I'm writing. If this is popular, I may post more of the story, but for the moment it's just this one.

~

As the moon’s kind gaze stole over the mountain, deep in the Himalayas, shadows clung to the cliffs. If the casual onlooker glanced at the shadows, he might see a small movement, but would assume it to be nothing. And yet it was more than nothing.
A shape was running towards a small cave on the side of the sheer near vertical mountainside. It was standing on its’ hind legs, making it five metres in height. The shape dropped to all fours. It was nearing the cave, finally sweeping in and going though a tall channel that led deep into the mountain. It muttered to itself in a language long forgotten: “Oh tooth and claw, what have I done? Leaving it too late like that-’the creature ran though several chambers, until it got to the last one. The silver dragon sighed with relief, and curled round her single egg.
Over millions of years, as Man expanded his villages, the dragons were pushed into hiding. Apart from the odd believer, dragons considered a myth and Man just built over the sacred places of old, the places that their ancestors worshipped dragons. Man was clever. He built machines that flew in the sky, machines that swam in the oceans. Machines. Just Machines. But Dragons changed too. They got clever. Dragons hid in the places Man could never live in, the tundra, rainforests and mountain ranges. They learnt that Man could get them when they were alone, and they formed groups, or a Scale. Each Scale had an Alpha Pair, and up to 18 lesser pairs. The Scale watched out for each other, and lived in a single region. This Scale lived in the Himalayas.
The she-dragon that was running to her egg was named Ash, and was the Alpha Female. Her mate was Talon, who was leader of the entire Scale. His rule was very peaceful. Dragons have a single egg every seven years, and her current egg was her fifth. Fully grown dragons ether stay in the Scale they were born in, seek out another Scale somewhere in the world or made up their own. The only way to catch up with family, unless they found the exact Scale their kin were in, was to go to Onlatachia, a social event based in Mexico.
Ash tore her eyes away from her egg as she heard a dragon behind her. Talon stood over her. She could see his blood-red scales, his silver eyes.
~
Not very dramatic beginning, but who cares, it's my writing style.
So yeah, if you like it, or if you don't like it, please let me know what you think of this, so I can improve it and so on and so forth.
Crisis
Crisis
Noble
Noble

Back to top Go down

Preview: If Dragons were Dreams Empty Re: Preview: If Dragons were Dreams

Post by Quill Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 am

I really like it! Very Happy Your use of descriptive detail makes it really interesting. Smile I say you should keep it up!
Quill
Quill
Sentry
Sentry

http://www.writerscafe.org/Kena%20Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayse Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I agree with Quillis. Do continue, your style is very descriptive and to the point. Luffs it.
Blayse
Blayse
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisis Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Thank you guys!
Crisis
Crisis
Noble
Noble

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayse Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Even if a lot of people don't post here, just share your stories anyways. 'Cos at least you now know you've got one follower of your stories. <3
Blayse
Blayse
Guardian
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down